We use paper for all sorts of things. Printing documents, flyers, brochures, newspapers, pictures, and cards, to name a few. When it comes to packaging, paper is used in even more ways.
Before we talk about all the packaging products made from paper, let’s clear up concerns some clients have concerning tree harvesting and sustainability. We understand this concern and believe that education on this topic is important.
Paper is a renewable resource, and, interestingly, there is no shortage of trees in North America, thanks to responsible forestry practices. Also, in North America, we recycle more paper than anything else.
By the Numbers
According to the University of Southern Indiana, “Each ton (2,000 pounds) of recycled paper can save 17 trees, 380 gallons of oil, three cubic yards of landfill space, 4,000 kilowatts of energy, and 7,000 gallons of water. This represents a 64% energy savings, a 58% water savings, and 60 pounds less of air pollution. The 17 trees saved can absorb a total of 250 pounds of carbon dioxide from the air each year. Burning that same ton of paper would create 1,500 pounds of carbon dioxide.
When it comes to sustainability, Financial Statement Services (FSSI) has integrated it into its operations. They pointed out, “Over the last six decades, the net total U.S. Forest area has increased by over 3 percent. In addition, the net volume of trees on timberland has increased by 58 percent…Most pulpwood harvested in the U.S. (89 percent) comes from private land. The income landowners receive for trees grown on their land encourages them to maintain, sustainably manage, and renew this valuable resource.”
In fact, not only is most paper in the U.S. made from sawmill residue and recycled paper, only 30 percent of paper produced is from harvested timber.
Paper Packaging for All Your Needs
Paper is one of the backbones in the packaging industry. It is used to decorate, protect, display, seal and only seems to be limited by your imagination. Paper packaging materials come in colors or in traditional brown, can be coated or used with adhesives, and come in every shape and size imaginable. This includes:
- Boxes—gift, corrugated, heavy-duty, bulk cargo, multi-depth, bins, side-loading, file, mailers, hazardous material, weather-resistant, insulated, foam-lined, gaylords, telescoping, displays, magazine, double-wall, triple wall, square tubes, triangle tubes, round tubes, frame protectors, and ballot boxes.
- Chipboard cartons—folding, set-up, jewelry, apparel, pads, reverse tuck, gift boxes with tissue or paper included, and stationery folding cartons in a multitude of sizes.
- Envelopes and mailers, labels, tags, and tent cards.
- Bags—shopping, kraft bags for tubes, merchandise, gusseted, hardware, and grocery.
- Moving boxes, moving kits, wardrobe, specialty moving boxes, file storage, totes, and boxes with hand holes.
- Kraft paper—indented, poly-coated, reinforced, colored, virgin, waxed, bogus, and butcher.
- Newsprint in a variety of sizes.
Many of these products, with the appropriate lead time and design, can be customized, whether on the box or bag itself, on the sealing tape, or with the use of labels. Some options can take months to arrive, while others are faster and less costly.
Call Nicole DeJoris at (773) 235-6060 for detailed information on products that would fit your needs and budget.
Pinnacle Packaging, Inc. offers our customers the best product selection, fast delivery, all at great prices. We are proud to offer over 20,000 quality products from well-known and trusted brands like 3M, Sealed Air, Tape Logic, Rubbermaid, Ivex, and many more. Our mission is to be the single source answer to all our customers’ packaging needs.
Through the years we have established a reputation with our customers of providing fast, reliable, and professional service. Our high level of responsiveness to our customers’ needs keeps them coming back.